sometimes you feel like aNUT...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Delinquent

So, apparently, I can't just copy and paste my "English Paper" outline, so I'm having to retype all the things I meant to blog a million years ago. Here goes something much shorter then I intended:

1. WWE - So, I actually went to a taping of Friday Night Smack Down and ECW. That was amazing. I've always been a fan, mostly when I was a little kid, walked away from it while in junior hight through college but it resurfaced after I started working in 2005. Yes, I know it's fake, yes I know it's ridiculous, yes and more yes. My parents were completely speechless that I actually went through with it.

I suppose you would never guess I would go to such a thing. Let me tell you it was an experience. I'm not sure the other people who attended the taping would actually hang out with me on any normal day, but that one moment... we shared something in common.

The guy sitting next to me was hilarious. His son had to use the bathroom very badly but instead of taking his son, he yelled at his son, "I told you to go during the break! Now we're going to miss this. Hold it." Classic... something I hope I never do. He was nice enough to let me take a picture with his son's belt:
CLICK HERE



2. Wedding - Carolyn & Jimmy Su:
CLICK HERE

3. Hurricane Ike - that whole experience in of itself is a great reminder that God is in control. Whether or not you lost everything or it didn't phase you, He was still in control. I'm sure you could ask, "Well, if He is in control, why didn't He stop it?" or "Why would a good God do such a thing?" I suppose I could ask Him one day, but I think reading Noah's experience in Genesis would take care of the answer.

In any event, while we had no power, I couldn't put down the book, The Same Kind of Different as Me. It's any easy and quick read. It's also really good... about a fancy art dealer and a bum. I even got to meet the
co-authors. I even read with a flashlight b/c the book was that good. (I was going to link a picture but I can't find it on Annie's flickr. Ask her).

4. Fantasy Football - so this was the first time I've ever played. It's stressful... even if it isn't for money. I could never imagine playing for money. There are so many factors to consider and so many things out of your control. Like who knew Brady would be out for the whole season with a busted knee? MUAHAHAHA... I'm not a fan of Brady.

Who also knew that Clinton Portis would rock it (yes, he was my pick). Who also knew I could lose by one lousy point. ONE LOUSY POINT THE NEXT DAY. ugh... I don't remember the details. Only that Adam Hwang beat me by one point... Double UGH. OH yeah, and that my sister, who was ranked last virtually the entire season... yeah, that I would be the one to give her, her first win during the season.

Oh well, here's looking to the next season!

5. Skype Stranger - I was introduced to Skype right around fantasy fball 2008. Needless to say, I don't know much about it... b/c at the time, I only skyped with 2 ppl. Well, we were at Adam's place (at what appeared to be a LAN party... but it really wasn't. He just all had our laptops out refreshing our fantasty points) and I was talking about Skype. Jessica didn't like the idea b/c she wasn't into strangers seeing you on a video chat. As I wondered how that could be, a stranger called me on Skype!!! LOL... that was creepy. I've now changed the setting so that only my friends can see my via video. ::Here's to technology::

6. Meily - that's why I named my 8.9 inch net book. Meily does everything I need it to do. ::Here's to fatwallet::

7. David Archuleta vs. Annette Sylvester - All I remember is the dream was weird but somehow I ended up competing against him. I don't remember who won. I do know that my mom and I love his voice and want him to release a Christmas Album.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger adameepoo said…

    adam approves of this post

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger talida said…

    good to know what you've been up to these days. let's set up a phone date!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    you need to write more often! :)

    wwe, dude i would have never guessed. mma is where it's at!!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Carita said…

    What's your Skype account? Email it to me and we can connect there - that is if you still use it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home